[Coco] Trouble with nitros9

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon Jul 4 15:38:47 EDT 2005

Fortunatly I didn't have to go as far as formatting the nitros9 partition
of the cf card. The filesystem was intact although a number of files were
trashed. Fortunatly my Unix admin instincts kicked in and the first thing
I did after I got my ls-120 drive was to use "dsave" to copy the directory
structure onto a 128meg floppy. It made fixing the filesystem trivial!! :-)

The problem I had was fixing hdb-dos drive 255. The whole time I was able
boot my machine from a backup of the superdriver disk I have. From there I
followed the read.me that you supplied. unfortunatly it didn't go exactly
as easily as running the mb_hdb_dd script. Unfortunatly the script makes
use of "prompt_plus" which I couldn't find anywhere on any of the disks
I have including the nitros9 distro disks. A little work with "edit" changed
the "prompt_plus" to "prompted" and then all worked.

On the positive side I now have a collection of bootable disks. :-)

Frank