[Coco] double sided disks

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 4 07:51:24 EDT 2005

> Did you try using drive 2?    I thought that double sided drive
> use in hdb-dos meant drive 2 was the back side  of drive 0 and
> drive 3 was the backside of drive 1.

A vary real probability.

> Not true.    The direction of rotation is reversed.     There is a felt
> liner in floppies which keep the disk clean.     When you flip the disk
> the rotational direction is reversed and all that dirt comes out and
> deposits on the read/write head.    Very bad idea.
>
> Roy

RE:  Flippies;
I theory there might be a problem.  I practice I've never had any problem
with flippies attributable to the flippies "bi-drictional" rotation.  The
only reason I seldom use flippies these days, is that true double sided
drives are cheap, easier and simpler to use as double sided drives.

Bruce W.