[Coco] [Color Computer] SDCC vs GCC 4.0 revisited - a little story

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 14:42:08 EDT 2005

So... this morning I think back to the talk about the 68CH11/12 math
libs and instruction compatability and I say to myself...

"Myself, why don't I look up the HC11/12 so I can see if I can add
them while I'm doing this?"

And myself says... "sounds like a good idea.  You can never have too
much scope creep!"

So I download the docs and look at the register model and I say to
myself...

"myself... that looks kinda like a 6809 with one stack pointer"

myself says... "yup, should be easy to support with the changes you're
making"

So I add a register map for the hc11 and hc12 to SDCC and I'm in the
process of setting up proper initialization to support them and I say
to myself...

"myself... I wonder if there's a hc11 GCC compiler... it's almost
identical and that would be easy to port"

myself says... "DUH!  You downloaded GCC math libs for it yesterday"

Moment of silence...

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!"

I need a beer.

Yahoo! Groups Links