[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo C Math Libraries

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 19:13:55 EDT 2005

Ok, I see there has been some discussion on the mailing list as to
what should be done for C math libraries.

If SDCC is going to be the compiler... it's listed as an ANSI C
compiler and as such, it should have ANSI C math libs.  I think it
would be unfair to disrupt the goal of the project that provided the
code this compiler is going to be based on.

If you use a different C compiler then I think it's up to the poeple
distributing it.

That does not mean you can't create alternate libs that can be linked
in as an option for compatability with old data.  Full math libs and
conversion routines could be created so poeple could go either way and
accessing data wouldn't be a big deal.

I think there are some free ANSI math libs for the 68hc11 which is
pretty close to the 6809.  It would give someone a start if building
new ones.

Yahoo! Groups Links