[Coco] Portal-9 boxed CD with manuals

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Mon Jul 11 16:12:26 EDT 2005

I'm working on some updates to Portal-9 for the 3.02 release and will be
offering the package on a CD with printed manuals.  The DVD case will have
a printed cover label and user's manuals for CCASM and the 6809/6309
CPU.  Other items included on the CD will be source code, sample projects,
a new version of ToolPak, the emulators, and the entire CoCo Collection CD
files, and whatever else I can throw in.

This is a limited deal so please preorder your package now and I will get
these ready to ship by Friday or before.

See this page about pricing depending on if you are a new user or
registered user of Portal-9.  I will accept PayPal or U.S. Postal Service
money orders.
www.coco3.com/ind_6809dev.htm

A Summary of Portal-9

Portal-9 is a 6809/6309 IDE for Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP (with
styles) and is the easiest and most streamlined 6809/6309 IDE available for
6809/6309/CoCo/Vectrex developers.  The system is preconfigured to work
best with CoCo projects.  You can build floppy disks, ROM images, or raw
binary files for exporting to any 6809/6309 computers or boards.

For the best development experience, Portal-9 works seamlessly with the
M.E.S.S. emulator to run your CoCo software on your PC as it will look on a
real CoCo.  Even I am still amazed at how nice this system works for
writing CoCo software on your PC.

There are hundreds of Portal-9 users, including CoCo and Vectrex
developers.  There have been no bug reports for at least 6 months now and
the system is very stable.

The included cross-assembler CCASM is much compatible with EDTASM for the
CoCo, so if you have some EDTASM projects you'd like to renew and convert
to Portal-9, it's very easy to make a new project and add your source files
to it.  When your project is configured for the right target system and
media, you just edit your code and click the Go! button whenever you want
to see your software run.

Also, the Projector-3 CoCo 3 graphics program is also part of Portal-9 as a
sample project, which you can customize, rewrite, and rebuild on your own
by the press of the Go button.  In other words, you're the author of a new
version of Projector-3 if you like since it's in the public domain and can
be altered and passed around for free now.  Robert Gault recently added the
BMP format for Windows, for example.  You can do things like this by
writing your own CODEC modules for the system.  His source code is included
so you can see how to write your own drivers, even for music.

Thanks,

--
Roger Taylor