[Coco] Re: CoCo keyboard

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:38:37 EDT 2005

PaulH96636 wrote, among other things:

> However, perhaps if a cut is the problem, try using some nickel print or
> conductive paint
> to regain contact. As I haven't tried this specifically on a coco kb,
> can't
> say how effective
> this might be (seems the plastic coating covering the traces would need to
> be carefully
> scraped away to expose both sides of the break).

I used a couple of times a conductive liquid/paste that's usually intended
to repair the heater traces on the back window in cars. It comes usually in
a very small glass bottle, liquid is bronze colored and the aplicator is a
small brush... this has worked for me the two times I had to repair a broken
CoCo keyboard mylar "cable"... you have to work fast though as the liquid
gets tacky very fast.

One of such rear defroster products can be found at
http://www.frostfighter.com/

-=[ Rogelio ]=-