[Coco] Re: Cloud-9 Product Comments Wanted

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 07:58:19 EST 2005

Probably late and already been pointed out, but 2.5" laptop drives work fine
with the Glenside IDE card, and I'd be surprised if the SuperIDE refused to
work with them. The connector is smaller and does indeed have 44 pins, but you
buy an adapter (~5-10 bucks) which allows connection to standard IDE and power
cables.

I have tried two 2.5" IDE drives and both worked fine once I figured out the
drive geometry. One is a Hitachi 850MB and the other is a 20MB drive from an
old NEC '286 laptop. I believe I can still get some 850Meg drives (surplus
units, unlabelled, look new) and the adapter for a total of about $20+shipping
if anyone is interested.

Bob Emery