[Coco] CoCo & CoCo OS-9 C compilers

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 18:41:09 EST 2005

On Jan 28, 2005, at 12:48 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> IIRC, There was only one compiler and it was 2-pass.

Okay, the OS-9 C compiler released through Radio Shack was the two
pass, then Microware had a later version that was a one pass (never
released by Radio Shack).

I'm looking to see if anyone familiar with the one pass (I recall
reading about this in ... Rainbow?) knows if it was better.

And yes, we really need an ANSI compiler for the CoCo.  Cross hosted is
fine, but it would be even better to have one that can run on a CoCo
(native) AND cross hosted PC/Mac.  Honestly, if we were to start
working on a cross hosted one, I'd like to see it written in Java
(command line Java is pretty fast) so it could run on PC, Mac, Linux,
etc.

		-- Allen