[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Tandy FD-502

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 28 13:47:13 EST 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 13:17, Dave wrote:
>Thanks Gene.....!
>
>1- I have a "new" Mitsumi D509V5 1.2 sitting on the shelf unused but
>haven't found any detailed doc's for it. There is one 2 position
>jumper marked on it and it's called "0" as in zero. Looking for real
>360's however....There are other markings for drive select but they
>would have to be soldered, judging from the design....
>
>2- I'll add one.....I also noted that the 502 case has some
>ventilation holes in the case as compared to the 501 I scrapped....a
>good idea....
>
>3- My concern was that older e-caps tend to dry out over time. As I
>don't have an in-circuit ESR meter to test, my concern is a cascade
>failure of other componenets which would be harder to replace. (i'm
>probably being over-cautious)

I don't know if I'd be that concerned over 'cascaded' failures
generally.  The "Capacitor Wizard" is about the best of the esr
meters I'd been able to use, very simple to setup and interpret its
readngs.  Works right on the unplugged pc board as its a 100
kilohertz measurement, at about 85 millivolts total signal level.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Yahoo! Groups Links