[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] BBS Programs for COCO3/OS9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 22:43:20 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 22:31, Tom Watt wrote:
>When you say disk drives, do you mean floppy drives or hard drives?
>   Either way I’d have to wait or look for something else.  I saw a
> cable that lets you use your PC as a hard drive, would that work?

Ask Mark at www.cloud9tech.com, thats his product.  He may even have a
FAQ for that item on his web page.

>>Where do I get OS9 itself?  Right now I don’t have a single item
> related to a COCO in any way.  The COCO3’s listed on eBay currently
> make no mention of OS9.

Nowadays, its called nitros9, Mark can supply that too for a nominal
copying fee.

>A multi-pak is just a multi-cartridge adaptor right?  What do I need
> for multiple RS232 ports?

With its own power supply and slot selection logic, yes.  As far as
the rs-232 stuff, its not that hard to take an old DC-300 modem pack,
and turn it into a full fledged rs-232 pack if its in an MPI which
will furnish the +-12 power it needs.  And its not that hard to
piggyback a second ACIA addressed at the adjacent 4 byte wide block
to get two rs-232 ports up and running.  I did that with an old 1200
baud logitech seriel mouse on the second port, best mouse ever for a
coco, but that needs a patched cc3io module to pick up the mouse
data.

--
Cheers Tom, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)