[Coco] [Color Computer] Floppy drives on ebay 2

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Tue Jan 25 11:03:45 EST 2005

At 06:58 AM 25/01/2005 -0000, ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, wrote:

>Well another guy has outbidded me on a floppy drive 502. Its up to
>102.50. I guess I will have to start my bidding at $150 now.
>-Glen

Try to avoid round numbers like $100 for your max bid.  Chances are someone
else will also bid exactly $100 - and then see that the high bid is $100
(not $100-plus-next-increment) they'll *KNOW* they just hit your maximum and
just bid an extra dollar or two to win.

I always add a dollar or two and some odd pennies to mix up the value a
little bit.  Those extra pennies sometimes make all the difference in winning.

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/