[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Blank Messages

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 24 12:23:24 EST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 11:56, glenvdb wrote:
>So Gene, Do you see this as a Hotmail problem, or a linux setTing?

Not sure Glen.  And since I deleted most of the html stuff, I do not
now have a valid record to go back to.  But I don't recall seeing a
blank message, one with no content at all.  And the html, when
enabled, seemed to be correct, containing the usual <html> start
marker and </html> trailer/end marker. Followed by the usual yahoo
banner I nearly always snip if I reply, like now.

>-Glen
>
>> Your messages have not been blank as they come in here, Glen, but
>>till
>> now they've been 100% html encoded.  This one is not.
>>
>> Those who do not display html may not be seeing the html src code
>> either, presumably thats a choice they can setup in their email
>> agent.  I use linux, kde for xwindows display and kmail here, and
>>it
>> does show html, but treats it like any other text as you saw in my
>> previous reply.  BTW, others have had problems with html and
>> hotmail,
>
>> but were able to shut it off once they found the right option
>> setting.  So I know it can be done.

[snip]

--
Cheers, Gene