[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Blank Messages

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Jan 24 11:44:19 EST 2005

>>The convert_html_to_plaintext is stripping *everything* for some reason.

> It isn't. Just look at the messages that are coming through with HTML
> originals. If you're curious, look for list messages with this in the headers:

> You'll see plenty of them, and the HTML stripper is working.

> Here's the thing. It's a dumb stripper -- it can't fix malformed code in
> the mail before it strips it. If there's malformed code, then I suppose
> text could get lost. If anyone has a complete original from glenvdb, it
> would be interesting to look at the HTML.

Hi Dennis,
I didn't want to say it doesn't work generally, but it's stripping
everything in the case of Glen. One possible reason could be an unusual
MIME encoding. I already got somehow M$-formatted e-mails which didn't
contain pure html code, but kind of attachment which was base64 encoded.
This attachment contained lots of M$-generated stuff like .css files and
so on, maybe even some Word .doc ActiveX plug ins (kind of source which
is generated by Frontpage). Maybe a M$-Mailprogram (e.g. the hotmail
Webmail) can display this stuff, but it's proprietary in any case. If
Glen would send me an e-mail directly using the same system I could
analyse the file and guess what's going wrong. Glen, don't take it
personally, I think it's possible to find a solution even for M$ users.
Some settings in your e-mail program and you'll go fine.

Regards,
Torsten