[Coco] [Color Computer] Blank Messages

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jan 24 10:15:50 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 08:31:38AM -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2005, at 8:22 AM, glenvdb wrote:
> >know I am a 100% Microsoft man and supporter. If you don't see this
> >message, than there is nothing more I can do. Sorry.

> I, too, have seen empty posts on my Mac using Mac Mail.  Not sure how

Given Glen's preference for Microsoft software, my guess is that
Glen's e-mail is getting sent as a TNEF attachment.  Glen, are you
by chance using Outlook (aka Exchange Mail)?

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/TNEF.html
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q241538

There is information in the page pointed to by the second link that
describes how to configure Outlook to not sent TNEF attachments.
That way, you can use the software you prefer and still comunicate w/
standards-based e-mail software.

John
--
John W. Linville