[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Looking for old software

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sat Jan 22 18:16:55 EST 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 22 January 2005 13:50, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> Gaarrck, please don't use html on this list Glen.  Few, if any of us,
> set our emailers to display html because its quite a huge security
> hole when enabled.

A large number of Glen's posts on the gmane forum are showing up with
only a signature and no body at all.

I also have mozilla set to only show the plain text portion of a
message, so when this happens, I use the view source, and I am still
showing any message body.

If there is only HTML content, it is being stripped before it shows up
on the gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco newsgroup.

And while I am seeing new HTML based exploits discovered every week, for
mail/news clients most of them are foiled by preventing the mail/news
client from executing scripts (now the default), preventing the
automatic opening of external pictures, and preventing the automatic
opening of any attachments.

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only