[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Floppy drives on E-bay

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 18:08:03 EST 2005

Jan Vanden Bossche wrote:

>Hallo

I understand that 360KB floppy drives are very scarce now.  If anyone
knows of a supply of new or used units, I would really like to know
about it.  I've done a lot of searching with Google and have found some
supplies, but the cost is over $100 in most cases.  I'm not surprised
that these Coco FD's are going for high bids.  The last time I talked to
Mark M. about floppy drives, his supply was almost exhausted.  Hopefully
an inexpensive supply will resurface.  I still use my floppy drive quite
a bit.  I have two Cloud-9 hard drive systems on my two Coco setups, but
I still need the floppy drives to transfer my Coco disks to the hard
drive.  I'm also still buying Coco software on eBay, items which I don't
own and want for my collection.  These still need to be backed up the HD.