[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Looking for old software

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 13:41:22 EST 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 12:10, glenvdb wrote:
>I recently Bought OS9 and OS9 level 2 and Multi-vue off off of
> E-bay. They didn't come with the software disks (just the binders).
> Does anyone have a copy of these on 5 1/2? I will gladly pay for
> the disks and the price of shipping for a copy. I know I can
> probably download them someware, but I do not have the means to
> transfer them to 5 1/2. -Glen

<http://www.cloud9tech.com>

click on software, then Nitros9

Nitros9 is the end result of all the patching thats been done to os9
down thru the years, and its still being worked on by the other half
of cloud9, Boisy Pitre, also if you have replaced the moto 6809 cpu
in your machine with a hitachi 6309, new ways of doing things at the
assembly level are available.  With the 6309, it is approximately 2
times faster than stock, without fooling with the clock which is tied
to the video rather tightly.  With the regular 6809, its a bit faster
also, maybe 20% but the extra assembly stuff in the 6309 is needed
for the real speedup.

As far as multiview goes, I expect someone may have to make you a
copy.  Its main component, gshell, has also been updated but I'm not
an expert at quoteing version numbers to go looking for on that.

Ditto for the C compiler (I had a hand in that, doing the c.prep
replacements final versions) and assembler stuff, which itself has
undergone quite a bit of development over the years.  You can get the
fixes for these  from os9archive.rtsi.com via ftp or the web.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Yahoo! Groups Links