[Coco] Re: Color Computer 3 prototype

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 21 12:15:41 EST 2005

Allen

I am still try ing to figure out what the TBP28S42 is being used for?
a 512 by 8 TTL PROM. My first guess is a color pallette look up
table. I have also found three other TTL PROMS on board.

It looks as if they used TTL proms to control logic almost as a
computer uses microcode to do an instrtuction.

Except for the label covered ICs, I have deciphered functionality of
the rest of th e ICs. I am in a mode now to figure out a kind of more
detailed block diagram of what the GIME could look like. A bit more
detailed than that in the Service manual.

james