[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Bid Sniping

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Thu Jan 20 23:52:54 EST 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 8:22 PM, Frederick D Provoncha wrote:

> People get mad at snipers because they want some time to respond to
> being
> outbid by raising their maximum bid. But if your original maximum bid
> already represents the absolute most you're willing to pay...

I disagree.  I can tell you that when I bid say $100 for an item, then
3/4 of the way through the time for the auction has passed the overall
price is to around $25.  I irrationally feel like there is a good
chance that I will win the auction.  I know better, but I still feel
that way.  Then just before the auction closes someone comes in and
wins it for some piddling amount more.  It is irritating.  It isn't
really unethical, but it is rude.

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans | 2B v ~2B = ?