[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] eBay item 5158119652 (Ends Jan-24-05 20:57:32 PST) - CM-8 RGB Monitor For Tandy Color Computer 3

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jan 20 20:16:47 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 17:08, glenvdb wrote:
> --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Glen VanDenBiggelaar"
> <glenvdb at h...> wrote:
> > I also hate to say, that when it comes to something I realy need, I
> will always put a $100 bid.
> -Glen

If you really need it the best strategy is either to put no bid at all,
or a minimum bid to keep the seller from changing the ad (especially if
there is any error in your favor, i.e. TSR-80 MUTLIPACK)

Then snipe the auction with something like Auction Sentry in the last 10
seconds.

Bidding high early only causes bidding wars. Go ahead and put your $100
as a snipe bid. But if you put in a $100 bid early, you are giving away
information since others will get ebay fever and bid it up to see how
high you're willing to go.

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links