[Coco] DRAW or HDRAW fonts

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Jan 19 01:06:14 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 20:41, Diego Barizo wrote:
> Yes, I'm doing everything starting from 0.
> I'm almost done, nothing fancy <BR><B><I><U><H1> to <H4><CENTER> and
> some of <FONT> and <BODY>
> Maybe links and lists?. I don't think I can do tables....
>
> Diego

Looks like a good subset for text formatting. If you ever decide to take
it to the next level, i.e. nested stuff like tables such, you should
look at using lex and yacc to generate parsers. You would still need to
translate the C code to ECB, or compile it under OS-9 and port the
assembly code over, but lex and yacc take a lot of the grief out of this
kind of thing.

On a different topic, I remember that some coco word processors let you
edit control codes. One trick you can do is set the "printer" control
codes to match your subset of HTML. Then you could edit page on coco,
print to file and have all your tags appear then. You could view the
rendered image on your coco screen or browse it on a PC and be able to
print a copy fully formatted.

-- John.