[Coco] Re: Floppy access from within XP

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Jan 17 22:43:58 EST 2005

Neil Morrison wrote:
> [...]

Yes, but that more code needs to be a device driver to replace the
supplied device driver, which generally requires more documentation than
is publicly available, and even then will only work with a few chip
sets.  No way to predict if a device driver written for my old computer
will work on a new one purchased this year.

And on some systems the floppy is only accessible as a USB device, which
means a different device driver.

Since I have determined that COCO ROM DISK BASIC can read and write 512
byte formatted media, it follows that it is probably more useful to
write COCO based programs that can use 512 byte formatted floppies and
IDE based devices than to try to teach the host operating systems to do
new tricks.

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only