[Coco] Re: Floppy access from within XP

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Jan 17 22:33:26 EST 2005

Neil Morrison wrote:
> [...]

How quickly things are forgotten :-)

Support for sector sizes from 128 bytes up to possibly 1K or was in the
original specification.

Only recent versions of Microsoft Windows have removed that feature from
their BIOS or BIOS emulation.

It is known to work in Windows NT up to 4.0, and up to Windows 98.  And
it Windows 98, I am getting a high error rate which seems to get better
only by removing and reinserting the floppy.

I have done a lot of tests on this and have posted on this in the past.

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only