[Coco][Color Computer] Anyone following the latest Microsoftand Linux debacles?

Tad Burnett tburnett at vermontel.net
Sat Jan 15 11:20:25 EST 2005

Actully IBM never wanted to enter the small computer market but so many
of its old customers wanted it that they set up a plant in China to do
the hardware and subcontracted Bill Gates to do software...Bill Gates
did both DOS and OS/2 1.x....When the PC took off, 10X expectations,
IBM decided to do its own software in house and MS Dos and Windows was
off on its own.....

As for Tandy...The head of Model 1 project was a big wig at IBM and he
was told to bring as many people with him as he wanted...Tandy made Bill
big enough so IBM looked at him and IBM made him so big  nobody can stop
him....

Tad