[Coco][Color Computer] Anyone following the latest MicrosoftandLinux debacles?

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sat Jan 15 03:22:38 EST 2005

Your argument that Windows is an old dog that can't be repackaged is
fallacious. In fact, we could easily turn the argument around because Linux
is nothing more than a repackaged dialect of UNIX and UNIX has been around
far longer than Windows. The real difference between Linux and Windows is
primarily in ease-of-use issues that have plagued Linux for years. The
simple act of configuring printers in Linux is daunting to most home users,
especially if those printers are shared on a network. Much of the
configurable space in Linux is developed by geeks for geeks without much
thought of how to make these features accessible to novices. More
applications are becoming available for Linux, but the Linux community needs
to move away from its geeky mind set if it is have any hope of moving into
the mainstream market.