[Coco][Color Computer] Anyone following the latest MicrosoftandLinux debacles?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 01:07:36 EST 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 07:25 pm, David wrote:
> "Better" is a relative term.. sure, Linux has the sociological
> advantage of better 'backing', and open developement.. but when
> Granny Smith wants to check her email, are you going to put her
> infront of XP, or a CLI?
>
> "here, gran.. it's just PINE.. "

Pine is the dog's breakfast.  I wouldn't inflict it on an ex-wife.

If my Gran was still breathing (she'd have been 109 this March) I'd give
her either kmail or Firefox.  Probably on a Mandrake system.  But
knowing her, she'd switch to Gentoo as soon as she had broadband (she
was a feisty old bitch and I still miss her).
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Consider urinals and the Army.  They were never a problem, because men
regard the entire earth as a urinal in waiting.  The side of the road,
the middle of the road, a tree, the ocean -- they don't discriminate.
The way feminists see oppression everywhere, men see urinals.  It's a
design feature.			-- Fred Reed, www.fredoneverything.net