[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] History Bytes

j_e_daggett j_e_daggett at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 15:34:57 EST 2005

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "James the Animal Tamer"
<emucompboy at y...> wrote:

> > Description : Why Did Tandy stop making computers? Who owns the
> rights?
>
> Hmm, why did Tandy stop making computers?  LOL.  It's almost always
> about profit per time.  I'm thinking that at some point, someone
> decided that it would be a more profitable use of shelf space in
> Radio Shack stores to sell computers someone else made.

*******

One reason was they made teh decission to use proprietary devices in
the PC. On the Tandy 1000 of computers you had to use their floopy
drives and hard drives. While everyone else was conforming to a single
standard  and interchangable parts, Tandy failed to realize that was
the way of the future. By the time the 2000 series and 4000 series
computers came  out, the market was soured on Tandy and th ey
continued to loose market share where they werre #1.

Tandy went from being the #1 retailer of computers to out of the
business in ten yrs.

james

Yahoo! Groups Links