[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] History Bytes

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jan 10 18:28:24 EST 2005

Dennis

It is my understanding that Section 1201 deals with circumvention
of copyright protection systems.

That should mean that if I copy protect a media in such a manner to
restrict only the lincensee usage of the copyrighted material, then
no one is allowed to circumvent the copy protection. No one is
allowed to "reverse" engineer the copy protection system to gain
unauthorized usage or prevent authorized users access to
copyrighted material.

Much of this provision deals with software and hardware to protect
information of DVDs, DSS satelite and various other entertainment
media.

At least that is my interpretation of this section.

james