[Coco] HD63x09 Question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 5 17:18:32 EST 2005

Right, all registers and opcodes are present in either native or 6809
emulated mode.

One thing to watch out for with the 6309 is how it handles illegal
opcodes. The 6809 just ignores them and skips to the next instruction.
The 6309 vectors to a bad opcode trap. If there is no trap set, it is
never-never land. As a divide by zero is also considered in this group,
bad math can require a reboot. So, make sure you include some type of
error vector recovery in any code specifically for the 6309.