[Coco] [Color Computer] MESS disk format

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 3 15:35:30 EST 2005

Without knowing exactly what your problem disk image looks like and what
created it, there is no simple answer to your question. Keep in mind
that there are several ways of creating a double sided disk on a real
Coco: 1) a flippy - with extra notch and hole for a single head drive;
2) separate front and back - two "singles" in a two head drive; 3)
combined front and back with single directory structure - normally
requires OS-9 although may work with ADOS-3.

When you convert the above three formats for emulator usage, only the
last will require special treatment. The others are just several
"single" sided disks of 35-40 tracks in length. What are you working with?