[Coco] [Color Computer] BBS Programs for COCO3/OS9

neofree3 tom at wattservices.com
Tue Jan 25 16:39:27 EST 2005

Hi,

I've never had a COCO3, but remember using one to play games at Radio
Shack, plus a friend had one I used for a short amount of time. After
looking at a few sites about them today I've stumbled accross a
couple
couple of BBS programs (ACBBS, APBBS) that to my amazement have
multi-user capability while letting you use the computer as well.

I wrote a program called BBSLink, which allows an old computer to be
telnetable by emulating a modem via serial port. The thought of
having
a multi-line BBS via Coco3 is very interesting, and I am prepared to
make BBSLink support this, allowing it to be telnetable.

However, I have no COCO3 or OS9 and would need to get them very
inexpensively. I also have no experience with any of the BBS programs
(not even as user) so I have no idea which will be good to run, and
what the requirements are. Would like to run a few online games as
well, if possible.

Can some people with more experience in this subject give me some
advise of which software to use and what hardware I will need to run
the BBS (assuming I was going to run them via phone line and modem,
I'll handle the rest for BBSLink)?

Thanks,

Tom

Yahoo! Groups Links