[Coco] [Color Computer] Ebay Scam Update

glenvdb glenvdb at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:38:07 EST 2005

Ok, this might be a bit off the usual topics,but it is away CoCo
related.For those of you who may have visited my website recently
(www.coco.8bit-micro.com) you may have read how I was recently burned
on Auction #5139369706. It all boils down to the guy won't send me
the floppy drive which he knows I really wanted in the first place,
because he sees that the value as gone up. I have filed both with e-
bays fraud department and square trade. I have also Contacted his
local police department, his ISP (violation of their AUP) , the FBI's
fraud division and am now going to go to the Homeland Security
department.
Do you guys have any other sugestions. I know the money is not the
Issue here, Its the fact that he keeps trying to burn people.His only
response was " I don't think I will send you the floppy drive, I
think I will put it up in another auction, you can make me another
offer" this is down right extortion.
-Glen

Yahoo! Groups Links