[Coco] Portal-9 3.00 (Windows 2000 compatible)

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Jan 19 01:31:15 EST 2005

Well, the title says it all.  Enough bugs were fixed to justify a jump to
version 3.  Windows 2000 was the goal.  I would not have been able to do
this without either buying that OS and another computer, or by letting
others help me.

I want to thank John Hogerhuis, Oyvind Hagestuen from Sweden, and the man
who gave the most help and was there every time I needed him, Bob Devries
of Australia.

Bob was also available through Yahoo messenger where I sent update after
update to him, and even though the IDE seemed to be going backwards at
times, everything came together in about 45 minutes tonight once the
cascading bugs improved.

So, Bob got to watch Portal-9 come to life under Windows 2000 tonight on
his machine.  And I quote, "YAAAHH!"  :)

A word of advice to Windows developers... develop for Windows 2000 and it
will work on the other versions of Windows.  2000 is the pickiest OS
ever.  If you comply by the rules and make it past 2000's stubborn ways,
you're good.  Otherwise, Good Luck!  :)

Thank you alll,

www.coco3.com

--