[Coco] Portal-9 tester needed for Windows 2000

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jan 11 01:56:01 EST 2005

Hello,

I am looking for one person who uses Windows 2000 and can work with me on a
daily basis by e-mail to test the Portal-9 software.

Currently, Portal-9 will not start up on any Windows 2000 machine, to the
best of my knowledge.  Based on the kind feedback of a Swedish customer, I
have traced the bug down to the exact Windows API function that creates two
dialogs in the app (the side panels).  Apparently, the dialog styles and/or
control styles within are incompatible with Windows 2000.  Communicating
with this man is not always easy and we are definately not synchronized.

What I need to do is e-mail an ~80k file as often as necessary, or when you
are available, called portal9.exe which you can replace the old one with
from the full installation of the IDE.  You'll need to download and install
the IDE first, then replace the main .exe file as I send them to you.

Each new .exe will have slight changes to the dialog window styles for the
side panels.  When the IDE finally starts up, the bug will have been found.

For your time, I would like to grant a free registration of the software
when the bug is fixed.

--
Roger Taylor