[Coco] Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Feb 28 17:06:19 EST 2005

At 04:52 PM 2/28/05 -0500, John Donaldson wrote:
>   looked at the trailers, whoever is doing the voice of Marvin, has it
>down pat. It's exactly what I
>imagined Marvin's voice to sound like. I have all four books of the triligy.

The books are based on the radio series, which I have squirreled away on
tape. And also the later TV series. And the LP made from the TV series. And
the books. And the post-mortem book. And the Dirk Gently books. :)

The Marvin voice is just a little clip, not quite enough to hear, but
sounds fairly much like the original radio voice -- even though it's Alan
Rickman (from Galaxy Quest, Dogma, and the marvelous bad guy Hans Gruber in
Die Hard). Rickman does exasperated real good, so he was a perfect choice
for the voice (the body is Warwick Davis).

Dennis