[Coco] 100 NB ZIP Drives

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 23:01:46 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/24/05 4:56:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
zmerch at 30below.com writes:

>They  went from 250Meg to 750Meg a year or two ago...
I missed that, but at least Zip is still alive and kicking (the recent
Iomega ads I've seen are for other types of devices).  I had been  considering
getting a USB 250M ZIP external drive, or even an internal IDE  model, but
probably won't bother, unless someone blows them out really  cheap.

>>I also noticed that after I "upgraded" my Norton Utilities, the  Rescue
>>function no longer supports making a ZIP disk backup.   So Norton must
>>have  written off ZIP too.
>That's because it would take so many to do a "normal" backup of  most
>people's desktops, they're not worth  it...

The Norton Rescue doesn't try to backup all your dat or apps, just enough  to
restore your OS and Registry to its previous state.  Well, maybe it did
backup apps.  I don't recall that my "upgrade" has a CD-R option, though  maybe it
does.
--Mike K.