[Coco] Re: CoCo MIDI company after Speech Systems?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 22:08:06 EST 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 07:56 pm, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> At 07:47 PM 2/25/05 -0500, Ward Griffiths wrote:
> >>
> >> Wow, good find!  I guess I never think of looking for pre-internet
> >> friends on the internet!
> >
> >Allen, I've tracked down friends from before the Intel 4004 was
> > released using the Internet.
>
> Yeah, and I hear online from high school girlfriends. Now *that's*
> scary. :)

No, _that_ one I met at a World Science Fiction Convention a few years
back.  Hadn't seen her since I graduated from Laconia (NH) HS in '73
(she's a year younger).  She abandoned an incredible talent for
mathematics to become an MD (we won the NH state math contest as a team
that year).  Her husband (a damn nice guy) is a Unix developer.
They're still in NH and I'm hoping to move back up there myself, open a
chili restaurant and get computers to be just a hobby again instead of
a job.  <http://www.freestateproject.org>.  Lisa is still waffling
about that plan even though she's more tired of Jersey than I am (well,
she's been here four times as long, as in since conception).  Just got
a contact from a headhunter about a year contract as an AIX sysadmin up
in Essex Junction, VT.  I figure if Lisa can handle a winter there, she
can handle New Hampshire.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.		-- H. L. Mencken