[Coco] 3.5" DSDD media availability

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 13:55:56 EST 2005

Robert Emery wrote:

>>If you want to transfer .dsk coco disk image on a 3 1/2 disk, I suggest you
>>to make a dskini of the disk with you Coco before to
>>transfer the .dsk image on the disk with your PC and the dskini software.
>>

>That is especially true if using an HD disk with the HD hole taped... I always
>format on the CoCo before I use DSKINI on the PC.
>
>FYI, this website has *NEW* 3.5" DSDD media for 36 cents each. I haven't
>contacted them yet to verify stock.
>(Look under Data->Diskettes->Imation)
>http://www.thetapecompany.com/
>
>cheers,
>Bob

I have found that to be a problem on my Mac also.  Once a HD disk has
been formatted as such, I have been unable to reformat it as DD on the
Mac, even with the hole taped over.  Never could figure that one out.
 The DSDD media at $0.36 each sounds a little high.  Guess it will do as
a last resort.

Cheers,   Griz