[Coco] 3.5 inch floppy drive

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 23 20:16:50 EST 2005

3.5" drives of both HD and DD flavor work just fine on a Coco system.
Recent drives of this type won't have jumpers but use the cable to
select drive number. This will mean a twisted cable (non Coco) if you
want the 3.5" drive to be drive 0.

Also, you probably will be using a HD drive but a Coco can't read/write
in HD format. That means using DD disks or taping the HD hole on HD disks.

Once your drive is installed, you can use it as a normal Coco drive
35/40 track in Coco format (Disk Basic or OS-9) or read/write PC
formatted disks under OS-9 with PCDOS. You can also use some PC programs
to create Coco Disk Basic or OS-9 formatted disks to simplify file
transfers.