[Coco] 3.5 inch floppy drive

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Wed Feb 23 17:46:21 EST 2005

Hi all,

just a quick question before i start ripping things apart...

I'm unable to get a 5 1/4 inch drive working in any of my pc's (long story)

I do, however, have spare 3.5 inch drives, with both the 'new' and the
'old' style cable/power connectors..

I have a home-made dual-drive setup that another list member build, and
graciously donated (Thanks, Stan!) - is it likely work if I replace one
of the 5 1/4 inch drives in that set up with one of my 3.5 inch drives?

Can I then write 3.5inch disks using my pc and have the coco read
them/transfer them to 5 1/4 inch disks if necessary?

Having my new Coco setup is no fun, as I'm unable to get any software
for it!

Regards,
David