[Coco] Re: Path command wasRe: OS-9 LVL II

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Feb 21 06:14:40 EST 2005

>Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:49:05 -0500
>From: John Donaldson <jadonaldson at charter.net>

>  What we have is
>1. Startup script did not set PATH for every shell.

It can't.  The shell that runs startup goes away after the script is
finished. Its internal variables, like path, go away.

>2. If path is set, OS9 does search the path for the ML program that you
>typed in { DED }

Shell+ does search its path.  OS-9 only knows about the current
executable directory.

>3. Test which is a ML program created by Pascal is NOT executed, unless
>it is put into
>the /DD/CMDS directory.

This might work IF you had support and any other subroutine modules in
your CXD.

>Now Pascal uses ASM to compile the program. Isn't ASM a Level I
>program?? Could this be the
>problem??  If RMA is used instead of ASM would that solve the problem??

RMA is a different beast from ASM.  From what I've seen they aren't
really source-compatible with each other.

>John Donaldson

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA