[Coco] SAVEMing CoCo 3 Hi-res screens

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Feb 20 05:14:59 EST 2005

>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:41:42 -0500
>From: Diego Barizo <diegoba at adinet.com.uy>

>Talking about Hi-res graphics...
>How can I SAVEM a HSCREEN?
>I can't find the memory address. I guess it's a virtual one?

5 'HISAVE
10 INPUT"NAME:";N$
20 FORI=&H70TO&H73
30 POKE&HFFA2,I
40 F$=N$+"/HR"+CHR$(I-64)
50 SAVEMF$,&H4000,&H5FFF,44539
60 NEXTI
70 POKE6HFFA2,&H7A

5 'HILOAD
10 INPUT"NAME:";N$
20 INPUT"HSCREEN#";H
30 HSCREENH
40 FORI=&H70TO&H73
50 POKE&HFFA2,I
60 F$=N$+"/HR"+CHR$(I-64)
70 LOADMF$
80 NEXTI
90 POKE&HFFA2,&H7A

These are copyright 1989 Falsoft & Bill Burnico.

They result in 4 8K files, each with a quarter of the screen (assuming
HSCREEN 2, which is the only one I ever used with this...)

I'm probably the only person who ever used this.  I'm afraid my
interest in graphics is rather occasional.

I believe I've seen a stand-alone save-as-MGE assembly routine that's
a slightly more standard route...

On my webpage http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/ I have an OS-9 utility to
convert the resulting file set to a VEF.  I have a newer version on a
half-crashed OS9 hard drive that knows more about palettes.

>Diego

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA