[Coco] Re: Path command wasRe: OS-9 LVL II

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Feb 20 04:37:58 EST 2005

>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:29:08 -0500
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

Um, we had this discussion a few months ago.  I'll just reprise the
highlights....

>I had just reported what was contained in the shellplus doc. After some
>testing, I have found when the path= command is entered from the
>keyboard, the paths are inherited by any new shell. If the command is
>placed in a script file or Startup, the paths won't stick unless the
>last line of the script is   i=/1   .

OK, the shell that runs the STARTUP script is started by cc3go (or
sysgo) and then that shell goes away.  The /term shell is not a child
of it, so it doesn't inherit the shell+ internal vars.

However, on startup a shell+ shell looks for a file called
s.t.a.r.t.u.p (or something like this)  This file is interpeted by the
shell, rather than a child shell like a regular script.  You can set
variables like path and prompt in it.

The exact details are left for someone to read the shell+ docs for.

Willard

Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko