[Coco] CoCo MIDI company after Speech Systems?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 14:30:30 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/14/05 2:49:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alsplace at pobox.com writes:

>Does  anyone remember the name of the company that came after Speech
>Systems, which sold the CoCo MIDI interface and Lyra (Lester  Hands)?
>
>If so, does anyone remember the name of the guy who ran  it?  He had a
>license plate, pictured in Rainbow one time, that  read HD6809B or
>something like that.

This is the sort of thing I should know right off, and at one time probably
did.
I remember when Speech Systems was run by "Pal" Perry, out of his basement
in the far west suburbs of Chicago.  But I forget who took it over  afterwards.

I remember meeting at a Rainbowfest a pair of rather rough but decent guys
who had taken over selling Letser Hands' stuff.  They even offered me any  help
I needed to write a Lyra to UME converter program (which never happened,
mostly due technical incompatibilities).

Best bet would be to search thru old Rainbows for the ads.
--Mike K.