[Coco] Porting files to DSK

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 13 11:47:36 EST 2005

John Donaldson <jadonaldson at charter.net> wrote:

> I am trying to port the Pascal file over to a .DSK for my JV/JC emulator.
> I am using PORT.exe I first make a 35 track .DSK using Fortmat inside of
> NitrOS9. It makes a 35 track .DSK. I then go back into MSDOS and run
> Port.exe. I select the 35 track .DSK and move the files over to it.
>   I then reboot into NitrOS9 and when I try and read the .DSK, I get ERROR
> 249 - Wrong Type.
>
> I thought Port.exe was the utility to move MSDOS files over to OS9??

Port doesn't support writing to a disk image using an OS-9 file system.
Port assumes the disk image is formatted for RSDOS.

Use one of the RSDOS -> OS9 file translators under Nitros-9.

Or use a different image handling program that supports OS-9
filesystems. Like Nitros-9's CoCoTools or MESS' imgtool. The win32 port
of MESS comes with a GUI version of imgtool, that's handy.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright