[Coco] OFF TOPIC........Social Security.......!!!!!!!

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Sun Feb 13 01:27:41 EST 2005

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Why people act on the misguided impulse to interject off topic posts
> to this list is beyond me.  I consider such messages as worthless as
> the junk email that I have to deal with day in and day out; even more
> so, this post, which has all the signs of a bright orange flame bait.
>
> People like this should be given a warning, and then removed from the
> list upon the next infraction.
>
> Boisy

I agree 100% with Boisy.  Off-topic messages should not be derisive or
meant to start flame wars.  This is not the forum for this type of
material.  We are not all of the same political or religious view.  Why
upset 50% of the list with your own brand of nearsightedness?  Stating
that Democrats are stupid, or that Catholics should be shot or Swedes
should be shipped back to Sweden (I'm 50% Swedish) only show you as
being blind to any ideas that you don't personally believe in, and
frankly make you sound very uneducated.  We're a global society with
very divergent views.  But we have one very important love that keeps us
all together.  Why spoil it by spouting off-topic, inflamatory
statements that can only divide this group?

I like an occasional off-topic message.  Humor is great.  If you want to
state your political or religious view, please do so in a way that is
not offensive, and maybe preface your views by writing IMHO.  (And
please, you are not impressing anyone by using partially hidden words
such as sh*t.  Grow up.)

-- Steve --