[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Feb 8 02:19:53 EST 2005

At 12:37 AM 2/8/2005, you wrote:
>I suppose this is an opportune time to raise the question of why a C
>compiler anyway? I can think of reasons like being able to port some
>free software over to the coco. But if that's the requirement it implies
>a requirement of ANSI C, I think. In any event it's going to be a mighty
>rocky road since most software today is targeted at 32-bit CPUs.

Because there is more free C source code on the web than any other
language.  This source can be altered with much less effort than it takes
to create it from scratch.

If we can port existing C source to the CoCo, software that nobody has been
able to create in all these years (like JPEG viewers, internet apps, etc.)
can finally become a reality.

I definately plan to add more languages to Portal-9, but C is the 2nd in
line after raw assembly.

--
Roger Taylor