[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Feb 7 14:56:53 EST 2005

At 02:06 AM 2/7/2005, you wrote:
>Also, if you undersell yourself, you'll just make your client nervous
>that you either don't know what you're doing/have low self-worth, or
>that as soon as you get wind of a better rate you'll head for the door.
>You have to find a happy medium.
>
>All that said, nobody is going to hand over $50K to any programmer
>before work is complete. Every contract I have ever done was paid in
>installments at milestones, or it was straightforward pay-as-you-go.
>Safer for everybody that way.
>
>-- John.

We've somehow drift off-topic here.  I'm not doubting your work skills.  I
also do work outside of the CoCo realm but I'm not discussing that or
tutoring anybody here on what works for my clients.

Getting back to the C cross compiler for Windows.  I don't see this being a
contract job.  We're in the hobby class with many other 6809 groups out
there.  Yes, there's lots of open or free projects out there right now.

Change your Google keywords a bit and you should find just as many sites
that I have come across that contain somebody's 6809 C cross compiler
work.  Most are for MSDOS, Linux, or non-32-bit Windows.  I think I'm going
to see which one I can pick up and try to finish or adapt to Windows/Portal-9.

--
Roger Taylor