[Coco] OT: Unix/Linux Makefile question

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Feb 3 01:54:10 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 22:49 -0500, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
> I read thru one of my Linux book's chapter on Make, and it lists lot of
> goodies, but nothing to control object dirs.  From that I take it there's  no such
> provision.
>
> But I will take a look at the Info pages next time I boot Linux up.

Another section on the first page of info make looks promising too:

Searching Directories for Prerequisites

* General Search::              Specifying a search path that applies
                                  to every prerequisite.
* Selective Search::            Specifying a search path
                                  for a specified class of names.
* Search Algorithm::            When and how search paths are applied.
* Commands/Search::             How to write shell commands that work
together
                                  with search paths.
* Implicit/Search::             How search paths affect implicit rules.
* Libraries/Search::            Directory search for link libraries.

-- John.