[Coco] Re: Path Problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 20 18:13:41 EST 2005

OK, first thing I did was disassemble Test and found that it called the
Pascal module Support. The following tests were made on my system.

The Pascal 2.0 disk was in drive /d3, Test was placed in /h2/cmds, and
the following path was set.
path=/H2/cmds /d3/cmds

test
error 216
load support
error 216
load /d3/cmds/support
test
5 columns of numbers starting with integers, then sums of pairs, etc.

Test ran correctly when Support was preloaded. However, neither Load nor
the OS-9 system would load the missing module Support when called from
Test via F$Load.

Clearly the use of path= is problematic as it is not a system mod but a
hack to shell. For path= to work correctly, it really needs to be a
patch on F$Load at the very least.